Virtual Tablet View on Oculus?

djr66

Virtual Tablet View on Oculus?

Post by djr66 »

Hi

I am using an Oculus Quest and wish to present information on the virtual screen to a watching audience. When I import MY MEDIA I am able to interact with the content such as a PDF, but this means I am unable to see my audience. I have seen some of your 2018 tutorials where the presenter is holding a virtual tablet allowing them to see and interact with both the content and the audience without going into the menu. Is this a device specific feature? Is there anyway to interact with the contents on a virtual screen while also staying within the room so to speak? I want to point at the screen and scroll or zoom in and out without entering the menu.

Thanks
Conor

Re: Virtual Tablet View on Oculus?

Post by Conor »

Hi,

The virtual tablet is available for the Oculus Quest, Once in a Session, you can open your Quest Tablet by clicking the "Y" button on your Left Quest Controller. From the Tablet (See below) you can interact with your PowerPoint etc... This will give you the ability to face your audience and interact with your presentation.

Quest_Tablet.gif
Quest_Tablet.gif (4.62 MiB) Viewed 301 times
There is some limation with the Android version, Zoom In and Out is only available on the desktop version of ENGAGE at this time. The host of a session does have the ability to enable pointers from their controller by holding in the Trigger and Grab buttons on your controller and this will enable pointers, the presenter would have to point at the screen that the audience was viewing.
djr66

Post by djr66 »

Thanks Conor.
djr66

Post by djr66 »

Conor

The solution does not work. The left hand controller has no options available other than movement. In the ENGAGE control settings it also does not show the TABLET option. The only active options are on the right hand control for MENU and TELEPORT. Can you help?
Conor

Post by Conor »

Hi,

Can we confirm that on your Oculus Quest Left Controller that pressing the Y Button doesn't activate the tablet for you?

I have highlighted the corresponding button on the left controller in yellow in the picture below.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 085135.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-03 085135.jpg (63.02 KiB) Viewed 228 times
QuestTablet.gif
QuestTablet.gif (2.52 MiB) Viewed 228 times
If this is not occurring, I would suggest making sure you are on the current version of ENGAGE Prod which is 1.6.3,

and to check your controller battery levels.

If the tablet does not appear after this then would it be possible for you to send us a bug report?

This can be done from inside the in session menu, you open the menu, click settings on the far right, then click Bug Report.
Screenshot 2020-12-03 092250.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-03 092250.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 228 times