Full Body Tracking

ENGAGE avatar lessons and tutorials.
Emir

Full Body Tracking

Post by Emir »

ENGAGE fully supports the HTC Vive trackers which can be placed on the feet and waist for full body tracking enabling highly realistic interactions. Initial Vive Tracker setup is done in SteamVR. Once set up there, ENGAGE will automatically be ready to utilize them. The below video demonstrates how to get set up.

peter rauch

Re: Full Body Tracking

Post by peter rauch »

Hi, I appreciate ENGAGE program very much. I bought extra vive trackers to experiment with full-body tracking.
I followed the tutorial but the program stacks at 1:14 and I cannot come further.

The trackers are recognized by ENGAGE ( I can see the marks "Right", "Left foot", "waist") but the button "Enable Advanced Tracking" doesn't work. Pressing "disable", I'm standing in empty space after the screen disappeared and I have to restart the program since I cannot take any action there.

I reinstalled the program but it didn't help.
The trackers are working with the other programs without any problem.

Could you give me advice on how to solve this problem?
Here my specs.

Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processo 3.60 GHz
64-Bit
RAM 16GB
Grafic card RTX 3070

Thank you in advance!

Peter
peter rauch

Re: Full Body Tracking

Post by peter rauch »

I got a response to my ticket from support, and the problem solved.

"We do have some issues with our trackers set up for ENGAGE 1.7 and we do have a fix coming in the next update.
For now, can you make sure to set your mode to Room Space (Full Motion Tracking) in the options menu when you get into the session, or else it won't work. Once you are in Room Space, you should be able to calibrate.
In the 1.8 release, it will automatically set room space when you enable it."

Thank you ENGAGE Team.